Thursday, April 20, 2006

March 29, 2006 eclipse


The eclipse was *spectacular*! It was one of those moments that even as an old man, I will remember vividly. There was a large celebration on the beach with drumming and dancing, and the entire scene was being broadcast live on Ghana TV. To be there with such good friends made this a moment that I will forever cherish. (Thanks to NASA for this photo of the eclipse)

A sad incident happened there, though. I was pulled into the dancing area by one of the female dancers, and was forced to represent for my people as best as I could. As you know, I have no moves, but I tried my best.

To ensure that my humiliation was complete, I was later pulled back out to dance with one of the male dancers. This guy had me crawling in the sand, and unfortunately that was captured live on TV. I heard more than a couple times that day "Hey! You are the white man that was on TV today!" Justice’s mom saw me on television too. Everyone says I represented well, but you and I both know they are just being kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home