Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Tourist Triangle in Ghana

I am posting this as a blog for all the questions that people have about travel in Ghana. If you just want photos, use the link at the end of this posting.

Let me start by simply stating I had the *GREATEST* time. I sweated thru everything I had brought to wear within 48 hours, but otherwise it could not have been a more enjoyable holiday. The people were hospitable and kind and mostly honest. The sun was blazing and the humidity was intense. The sights were fantastic and there was a new adventure each day.

I landed in Accra, the capital city of 2 million and delivered a large box of medicine, condoms and children's clothing to Dr. Naa Ashily at the West Africa AIDS Foundation, http://www.waafweb.org/. My friend Benjamin helped me to make this “very special delivery”, as he called it. It was very much needed by the clinic.

Thanks to Maurice at Aid for AIDS/Africa in Oakland, http://www.aidforaidsafrica.org/, for securing the medicine for me to take. It was mostly donated unused medicine. Any donations are gladly accepted.

The 'Tourist Triangle' is a common tourist route across Ghana. One point of the triangle is Accra on the coast. Kumasi, the second largest city is at the top of the triangle, and the city of Cape Coast along the Atlantic coast being the other point of the triangle.

This link is for my online album of the best 300 photos that were taken on this trip:
My first Ghana album

There are a dozen other Ghana albums that hold the entire set of photos taken if you are really into it. Between me and my guides, we were somehow able to snap 1.5 gig of photos!

Please feel free to post comments in this blog.
Steve

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great info on ghana. Been wanting to go for a long time.Thanks for an indepth look. Any other info a guy can get for first time to Ghana.
Cheers

Rick

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006 4:37:00 PM, Blogger Easy Track Ghana said...

Hello Rick
Thanks for your comment. I hope you proceed with a plan to visit Ghana. You will have a fantastic visit there.

If you have any questions you wish to direct to me, feel free to write me directly at SWilson510@yahoo.com

 
At Friday, September 21, 2007 2:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if you still check here, but just wondering, any idea what happened to Ben? Lost touch with him in about April, hope he found what he is looking for but if you have a contact, tell him Brett says hello from Madagascar! OK thanks & best wishes.
Brett

 
At Friday, September 21, 2007 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Easy Track Ghana said...

Brett.....you can email Benjamin at MagicBoy67a@yahoo.com, or check out his page at www.benjamin4U.blogspot.com

 
At Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD HELP, MET LADY THERE ON LINE, SAID SHE WAS GOING TO SCHOOL THERE TO BE A NURSE SHE IS FROM CALIFORNIA, SPOKE TO HERE ON THE PHONE SHE SAID IT WAS VERY COLD THERE RIGHT NOW, IN AFRICA! KIND OF RAISED A RED FLAG, PLEASE HELP I JUST DONT WANT TO BE SCAMED

 

Post a Comment

<< Home